Official: Lampard Says "I've Signed For Five Years"







Chelsea midfielder has signed a new five year extension to stay on at Stamford Bridge...



Chelsea's major five'o'clock Friday announcement has just been revealed and the club have proudly proclaimed that their star midfielder has committed his long-term future with the West London club.

Frank Lampard has won every domestic cup competition in England, and speculation was rife that he may link up with former, much-loved mentor, Jose Mourinho at Internazionale.

The England international was beaming as he told Chelsea TV: "I signed my new contract today, so personally I am very happy. I hope I made the fans happy, too. I've had seven great seasons - this will be my eighth - and I hope to have many more."

He added: "It's been a difficult summer for many reasons, and this was one of them. It does become frustrating when you see things written - some untrue, some slightly true. We can now put it all to bed and focus on the football."

Committed


Peter Kenyon was relieved that the former Hammer has signed, and also told Chelsea TV: "This is a great day for the club, for Frank, and for English football. Frank is committed, and he agreed and signed a five-year contract."

Concerning the news linking Lampard with a move abroad, Kenyon hoped: "This will kill all the speculation that's been going on for far too long - 18 months, not just this summer - and it allows the club and Frank to focus on what's important, which is next season."

The 30-year old midfielder's new contract will take him up to 35, and could indeed be his last contract with the Champions League finalists.

Inter Interested


Frank acknowledged the interest of Internazionale of Italy, explaining that while he considered the nerazzurri's offer for both footballing and personal reasons, he ultimately turned it down.

"Flattering? It was a bit like that," he said. "Obviously mine and my family's world got turned upside down... it was very tough."

"I needed time to think. There were times personally, I won't lie, and I wondered if I wanted to get away from a lot of memories. But as time's gone by and I've spoken to my family, and felt what came out from Chelsea and the fans - I've had thousands of letters of support during this time, which gave me support and made me very emotional.

"Now, I feel for sure, 100%, I've made the right decision."

José Connection


The idea that the chance to team up with former manager José Mourinho at Inter played a role, but for Frank it was ultimately a secondary one.

"I'll always hold José Mourinho in very high regard, but personally I hold Chelsea Football Club in very high regard," he countered.

"A transfer? I didn't speak to José about it. It's something that shouldn't be done - I've got a relationship with Jose where we've had certain contacts afterwards, which is normal.

"It seems that he likes me as a player, but I don't think he'd ever go down that route (talking without permission.) I wouldn't really appreciate it and I don't think he'd go down that line."

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.