Schmeichel: I Want To Leave City


Kasper Schmeichel has stated in no uncertain terms that he wants out of Manchester City.


The young Dane says that he is worried about his development having stalled due to having fallen out of favour in the Eastlands and has essentially pleaded with Mark Hughes to cut him loose.

He even went as far as suggesting that he was conned into signing a new deal by former boss Sven-Goran Eriksson.

Schmeichel told the Daily Mirror: "I want to leave City - no question.

"It is heartbreaking every time you don't play and one year sitting on the bench would not be good for my development.

"I have been trying to leave for a while because last season, the week after I signed a contract, I was told I wasn't playing.

"Sven was telling me he wanted me to play and let me develop, and every day he was asking me about my contract situation.

"But as soon as I signed the contract, when I got to the hotel before playing Newcastle away in September, I was told I wasn't playing.

"At the time I was playing and I had a good offer of a good contract, but it might have been a mistake to sign for the four years.

"I've been told there is no chance of me leaving, but I want to play first-team football."





Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.