Huntelaar: Joining Real Madrid Is A Dream Come True

As soon as he arrived in Madrid, Huntelaar went to the Mirasierra Suites Hotel, where he gave a short exclusive interview to RealmadridTV and Realmadrid.com.

klik 👉 Follow Telegram Obsesbola untuk berita bolasepak terkini (large-bt)

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar Interview

The Dutch striker talks about his move to Real Madrid for the first time and hopes that he can prove himself on his own merits rather than be seen as Ruud van Nistelrooy's substitute.

Klaas Jan Huntelaar cannot wait to link up with his new Real Madrid team-mates as he prepares to put the finishing touches on his big-money move from Ajax.

Madrid had been chasing Huntelaar for the last two years but finally got their man when they agreed a deal with Ajax for the 25-year-old that could rise to 27million euros.

Huntelaar, who will be available for Madrid in January providing he successfully overcomes his ankle injury and passes a medical, is set to become the eighth Dutchman to make the move to the Bernabeu, of which five will be his team-mates later this season.

One of those, Wesley Sneijder, was quick to congratulate his former Ajax team-mate on the move, with Huntelaar revealing: "Sneijder was the first and then the others called me. It`s a dream come true and they`ve already told me to play at Madrid is the best for a footballer.

"I'm very happy right now, I suppose I will be even happier when I arrive at Madrid and can be with my new team-mates.

"I'm going to Real Madrid to grow as a player and fight with one of the biggest teams in Europe.

"Madrid are one of football`s most historical clubs and from now on I hope to make their fans happy by scoring many goals and winning titles."

Aside from Sneijder, Madrid also boast Arjen Robben, Rafael van der Vaart, Royston Drenthe and Ruud van Nistelrooy as part of their current Dutch contingent.

Huntelaar is unlikely to get the chance to play alongside Van Nistelrooy this season though, with the prolific former Manchester United and PSV Eindhoven striker facing a nine month lay-off after undergoing knee surgery.

That injury to the veteran hitman prompted Madrid to step up their interest in Huntelaar, a player who has been likened to Van Nistelrooy after tearing Dutch defences apart for the last four years with Heerenveen and Ajax.

When asked if he was bothered by suggestions he is the new Van Nistelrooy, Huntelaar answered Spanish newspaper AS: "No. I`m Klass Jan Huntelaar. I`m different, but we both share the same badge, that of Real Madrid. For this I am extraordinarily happy.

"Ruud is a great player and I know all about him because we`ve been together with the Holland squad.

"He was always one of my role models as a footballer. He is an extraordinary goalscorer and everyone regrets his recent knee injury. I want to take this chance to wish him all the best.

"I want to score many goals to help Real Madrid as soon as possible and give my encouragement to Van Nistelrooy because he is the best," added Huntelaar, who will pen a four-and-a-half-year deal with Madrid, subject to a medical.

The Dutch international has been sidelined since early November after damaging ankle tendons during a match against Sparta Rotterdam, but he insists he is well on the road to recovery.

He said: "I hope to be back as soon as possible. I`m training very well, without problems, running without difficulty and touching the ball.

"I cannot put a date on my return, this is a question for the medical staff. I`m sure I will be in peak condition for January. As well as that, before then I can`t play for Real Madrid anyway.

Huntelaar, who is due in Madrid on Wednesday, added on Dutch broadcaster NOS TV: "But I don't want to take a single risk with my ankle. I first want to recover fully. That is most important.

"I will speak with Real and Ajax about what to do. Maybe the clubs have made an agreement about that too. So it is very well possible I have already played my last Ajax match."

Huntelaar also revealed a few things still need to be sorted out in his contract, saying: "It is all as good as done. But we must speak about some minor details. Besides that we must also look each other in the eyes for the first time. That is important too."

Share this news articles:

Followed us at Facebook, Twitter, and Telegram for top news football soccer stories everyday.
Click 👉 https://t.me/Obsesbola


Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.