Lehmann's German Extension







Ex-Arsenal stopper and current Stuttgart veteran, Jens Lehmann, was widely tipped to hang up his international mitts after Germany's outing in this summer's European Championships. The keeper however, has different ideas...


Since his first outing in Germany's colours in 1998, Jens Lehmann, 38, has accrued 61 international caps. A feat that is even more impressive when you consider that for eight of those years he was infamously battling with favourite Oliver Kahn for the number one shirt.

Jens, though, is not content with 61. He feels that he has more to give on the international scene after it was widely considered he would quit Germany to focus on his club career with new team Stuttgart.

The Press Association quote the eccentric ex-Gunner as saying: "I heard about this generation-change in goal while on holiday and that I should explain my position, but I ask myself 'why should I reach a decision anyway?' I will talk with Joachim Low [Germany head-coach]."

'Mad Jens' has featured in a winning leagues side in every country he has played: Serie A with Milan in the 1998-99 season, the Bundesliga with Dortmund in 2001-02, and the Premier League in 2003-04.


Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.