Juventus Sign Poulsen

Juventus have completed the signing of Sevilla midfielder Christian Poulsen.

klik 👉 Follow Telegram Obsesbola untuk berita bolasepak terkini (large-bt)

JUVE CLAIM POULSEN SIGNING

Juventus have officially announced the signing of Sevilla midfielder Christian Poulsen for a fee of €9.75m.

The Bianconeri have been searching for a new centre midfielder for the whole summer now, and have been pursuing the likes of Alberto Aquilani, Xabi Alonso and Marek Hamsik.

However, following negotiations last week, it became apparent at the weekend that Juve were set to sign Sevilla’s Christian Poulsen.

This transfer has now been officially confirmed, and Juve have agreed to pay the Spanish side €9.75m., which will be paid in three annual installments between now and July 11, 2010.

Poulsen has signed a four year contract, believed to be worth €3.5m a season, and will immediately hope to win over the Juventus fans who have hit out at the club’s board for purchasing another “rubbish player”.

Happy In Black And White

“I'm really glad to join such a prestigious Club,” said the 28-year-old.

“Juventus are one of the top teams in the world and I hope I can do well here.

“I think playing at Sevilla was a good experience for me before joining Juventus.

“I've already seen my new team mates play several times because, as I said, this is one of the top clubs in the world. They have a great history and I'm proud to be here.”

A Fresh Start?

Poulsen is something of an infamous figure in Italy, all dating back to his clash with Francesco Totti in the group game between Italy and Denmark at Euro 2004.

Following the match, television pictures showed Poulsen being spat on by Totti, who received a three-match ban and gave a "full public apology", while also claiming that he was provoked by Poulsen.

The next year in the Champions League, while playing with Schalke, Poulsen was also involved in a furore with AC Milan, clashing with both Carlo Ancelotti and Rino Gattuso, who complained about his marking of Kaka.

Poulsen hopes to shrug off his reputation as a player who commits a lot of fouls: "I hope to be able to surprise the Italian crowds, who see me just as a rough player, by showing I can play well.

"I'll have time to show it and give a different image of myself. Sevilla? It was an excellent experience but now I'm proud to be at Juve.

"I am a defensive midfielder but I'm also able to play further forward."

Poulsen began his career at FC Copenhagen in 2000, joining Schalke two years later, before then moving on to Sevilla in 2006.

Share this news articles:

Followed us at Facebook, Twitter, and Telegram for top news football soccer stories everyday.
Click 👉 https://t.me/Obsesbola


Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.