EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United are close to securing David de Gea on a five-year contract

Kickbola.net David de Gea Quintana is a Spanish professional footballer who plays as a goalkeeper for English club Manchester United and for the Spanish National Team.
David De Stayer & Valdes: De Gea is the world's best goalkeeper

MANCHESTER UNITED have moved a step closer to securing David De Gea on a new five-year contract.

MANCHESTER UNITED have moved a step closer to securing David De Gea on a new five-year contract.

There have been positive talks between the goalkeeper’s representatives and the club, who have just tied up Victor Valdes on an 18 month deal to act as his No2. Manchester United's new no.2 goalkeeper Victor Valdes admits his team-mate and fellow countryman David De Gea – the club's first-choice shot-stopper – is "the best in the world."

The 32-year-old new arrival has been training with the Reds since October, working closely with his young compatriot, and he's been greatly impressed by De Gea in the daily sessions as well as in matches.


"I think now, in the moment, David is the best goalkeeper in the world," Valdes told MUTV. "His performance every day and in every game shows everybody that his level is very high. He has had a great year and it is very nice. Now, I think he is the best goalkeeper in the world."

United confirmed Valdes' signing on Thursday afternoon, with manager Louis van Gaal stating that the Spanish international and former Barcelona star will be the Reds' second-choice goalkeeper. Valdes himself stresses that part of his role is to provide support for De Gea as well as to help the team whenever he is called upon.


"I am here to help everybody," he said. "Always in my career, I have played to help my team-mates, to help my coach and to help everybody. I am a part of the team and I am not a problem, I am just a part of the team. If I play a game, I am always thinking about playing well and to help the other team-mates, to help them to win the match."

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.