David de Gea made some crucial saves for Manchester United

David De Gea has arguably been Manchester United's most consistently outstanding performer this season, compiling a portfolio of stunning saves, including that jaw-dropping stop at Sunderland in October.
In an interview in the latest issue of Inside United magazine, David discusses the reasons behind his form and the contentment his development on and off the pitch has brought to his life in Manchester. Here are a few choice cuts from the full interview...


De Gea on... that save at Sunderland
"I was very happy with it - not just because it was an instinctive reaction save but more because it came at an important time in the game. We were 1-0 down so if that had gone in Sunderland would have been 2-0 up and the match would have been very hard to turn around. As a goalkeeper, you are often happier with a save that has an impact on the match than one that is spectacular but not as important. I was very pleased that day to play my part to help the team."

De Gea on... United fans' support
"Right from the beginning the fans have been very good. The fans I meet have always been encouraging and those in the stands have always sung my name. I can't tell you how good that feels."

De Gea on... improving on and off the pitch
"I'm a better person and a better player since I've arrived in Manchester. It's a different country, a different culture... I've had to make new friends and learn many new things. That isn't easy, but I've been able to do that and that's why I say I'm now a better person."

De Gea on... answering the critics
"It was hard for me [at first]. But you learn from those tough experiences and you become stronger. The harder things are in life... the more you learn to deal with them and improve, the better you become."

De Gea on... his physical development
"I do a lot of work in the gym and I enjoy that. I have also changed the food I eat and that's helped me put on muscle and bulk up. It's been a big change for me but I've noticed the results. I think it's working. English food? You know what? I like it. People say you don't eat very well in England, but once you're here, it's absolutely fine. The truth is, you can find a lot of good food here. I have no complaints.

De Gea on... his character and temperament
"We have to use our minds a lot as goalkeepers - a lot of the job is about concentration. I'm a very relaxed kind of guy and I like to think that spreads to the team. My aim is to give the impression to my defenders that I'm in complete control and that they can rely on me 100 per cent - that helps everybody stay calm and composed. Edwin van der Sar was excellent in that respect. Not much makes me angry, honestly. It's very difficult to make me lose my temper, generally I just like to stay relaxed."

Kongsikan artikel ini:

Ikuti kami di Facebook, Twitter, dan Telegram untuk berita bolasepak terkini setiap hari.
klik 👉 https://t.me/Obsesbola