MH370

Terkini

Robinho denies sexual assault allegations




Your Ad Here










Brazilian star Robinho has pleaded his innocence today after being accused of raping an 18-year-old last month.


LONDON, Jan 28 (Reuters) - Britain’s most expensive footballer Robinho has denied any wrongdoing or criminality after his arrest over allegations of serious sexual assault.

A statement issued on the 25-year-old Brazil and Manchester City striker’s website (wwww.robinhoofficial.com) on Wednesday said Robinho denied the accusations and was happy to cooperate with police.

Robinho, who played the whole 90 minutes and created one of Manchester City’s goals in a 2-1 Premier League win over Newcastle United on Wednesday, had been arrested in connection with a sexual assault on an 18-year-old woman in a night club in the northern English city of Leeds two weeks ago.

“We can confirm that Robinho met the police today, as pre-arranged and as part of a criminal investigation,” the player’s spokesman Chris Nathaniel said in the statement.

“He strenuously denies any allegation of wrongdoing or criminality and is happy to cooperate with the police if required further.”

West Yorkshire police confirmed the arrest but in line with British policing policy did not name Robinho.

“A man was arrested in connection with an alleged serious sex assault at a nightclub in Leeds on January 14. He was questioned and bailed pending further inquiries,” a police spokeswoman said.

Manchester City said they had been helping the player and the authorities in the investigation.

“No charges of any nature have been brought against the player and no further statement will be made whilst the investigation is continuing,” the club said on their website.

Robinho, whose full name is Robson de Souza, became Britain’s most expensive player when he joined Manchester City from Real Madrid in September for 32 million pounds ($45.15 million).

The signing of the Brazilian, who has scored 12 goals this season, demonstrated Manchester City’s sky-high ambition after the club was taken over by an Abu Dhabi-based group, turning it into the world’s richest club.




Robinho Tells Dunga: I Am Innocent

Globo Esporte reports that the Manchester City player spoke to Brazil coach Dunga this week, and told him that he is not guilty.

The former Real Madrid player has been accused of raping the girl in a nightclub on January 14, and was held by police.

However, he was released on bail, and has returned to training with Manchester City this week.

Robinho has been called up by Dunga for the friendly against Italy, which takes place next month at the Emirates Stadium.

A spokesman for the player confirmed that he had been taken by police, but that he was not guilty of raping the girl.

The incident caps off a dramatic month for the Brazilian, who is also going to be fined by Manchester City for leaving their training camp last week.

It was rumoured that he stormed off once he found out Kaká would not be joining the English side, although that has been denied.

Manchester City take on Newcastle this evening in what is surprisingly a relegation clash in the Premier League.



If you liked this post why don't you bump for more football!!Thanks




Robinho denies sexual assault allegations Reviewed by admin Ucop on 8:02 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

All Rights Reserved by Kickbola Blogspot Soccer Online News © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.