Xavi Delighted To Pen New Barcelona Contract


Your Ad Here



The midfielder has put paid to speculation regarding his future by signing the contract that he has for months been claiming to be on the verge of signing....


Xavi's path to a new deal has not been easy, but it has concluded today with the announcement that the Spanish international has signed a contract that will keep him at the Camp Nou until 2014.

The 28-year-old was previously under contract for only another 18 months, but this long-term deal, coupled with an 80 million euro release clause, will see him securely placed in Catalunya.

Thus it seems certain that Xavi will see out the remainder of his career at Camp Nou, although he joked that it wasn't certain that this was the case.

"I don't know if I'll retire here - I might play until I'm 40," he smiled, in light of the fact that in 2014 he'll be 34 years of age.

He went on, "It all depends on how I feel. I'm going step by step now and thinking about the next game.

"I want to feel useful and I hope that I can repay the club with my performances.

"But I'm very happy about everything. I can finish my career here and feel useful to the club, and spend my life here.

"This is very important to me, and with this contract I can continue for many years with the club. I hope to stay on."




If you liked this post why don't you bump for more football!!Thanks




Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.