Aimar Delighted With Move To Benfica

Pablo Aimar, the Argentinia midfielder, has completed his £6 million move to Benfica, after rejecting the chance to join Newcastle United. The 28-year-old has agreed a four-year deal after joining the Portuguese champions from Real Zaragoza.

klik 👉 Follow Telegram Obsesbola untuk berita bolasepak terkini (large-bt)

Pablo Aimar completes move to Benfica

Benfica new signing Pablo Aimar has expressed his delight at joining "one of the biggest clubs in the world."


The Argentine international has signed a four-year contract with the Eagles after the two clubs concurred on a fee worth €6,5 million.

Aimar had become extremely vocal about his wish for a new challenge following Zaragoza's shocking relegation to the second division.

He had been a long-term target for Benfica and is seen as a direct replacement for Rui Costa, who decided to hang up his boots at the end of the season.

"Rui Costa [Benfica Sporting Director] convinced me to come, I know the coach and the backroom team, I know Benfica are one of the biggest clubs in the world, and it feels great to play for one of them," Aimar said during his official presentation.

"I want to play my best in a team that win a lot of games, I will have to work hard, that's what you can expect from me, a lot of commitment."

He went on to reject the recent stories suggesting poor physical condition.

"I am in good physical condition and I hope that I will only get better when I start working with Pako Ayestaran."

Rui Costa also commented on Aimar's signing, saying he is very happy to have brought a player so interested in wearing the Benfica shirt.

"We really liked to see Aimar's wish to play for the club. That's what I had heard from him since day 1," Rui Costa explained.

"It took longer than expected, we were not the only club that wanted him, but what pleases me is that he is here."

Kongsikan artikel ini:

Ikuti kami di Facebook, Twitter, dan Telegram untuk berita bolasepak terkini setiap hari.
klik 👉 https://t.me/Obsesbola


Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.