AEK Sign Angelos Basinas







After days of negotiations AEK Athens have finally agreed a 3-year contract worth over €2.5m with Angelos Basinas...



The experienced midfielder and captain of the Greek national team was the number one target for AEK from the start of the summer transfer market, thus his agreement is seen as a success for the board.

Thirty-two year old Basinas, was said to be close to Olympiacos earlier this week, but the league champions’ fans protested against the imminent transfer, contributing to the Piraeus outfit's withdrawing from the race.

After failing to secure an Olympiacos move, Basinas returned to negotiate again with AEK, and it didn’t took long for them to reach a deal of €850,000 for each year of the three season contract.

Basinas told the official AEK website after penning the deal, "Negotiations with AEK reached a happy end. Now, with my teammates I will try to reach this year’s goals, ones that are of course high.

"The presence of the president, general manager and coach played an important role to my decision to sign for AEK. They won me from the first minute with their great attitude. I am grateful towards them and I hope I can achieve the team's goals."



Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.